Neck Pain Treatments
A chiropractor at Advantage Chiropractic can provide neck pain treatment that is natural, gentle, and effective. Chiropractic care takes a holistic approach that focuses on aligning the joints of the vertebrae. Patients suffering from neck pain can benefit from this form of noninvasive treatment, alone or in addition to other medical therapies, to improve their health and relieve their pain.
Neck Pain Treatment from a Chiropractor
Chiropractors can treat pain anywhere in the body, including the back, ankles, knees, pelvis, hips, wrists, elbows, shoulders, jaw, head, and neck.
A chiropractor will look at the entire musculoskeletal system and treat the underlying cause of your pain, not just the symptoms. They will ensure that not only are the joints moving as they should but that the muscles that surround the joints are properly functioning as well.
Chiropractors often see patients who seek treatment for routine maintenance and injury prevention, back pain, sports injuries, whiplash, and neck pain.
Neck pain and stiffness are very common and are not something you should necessarily feel alarmed about. Neck pain can occur for many reasons, such as lifting weights, sitting at a desk bent over a computer for several hours, sleeping in the wrong position, a sports injury, or an auto accident. However, if you’re suffering from neck pain and discomfort for several days, it may be time to seek chiropractic treatment.
At our facility, our chiropractors who specialize in neck pain treatment will formulate a treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs and recommend the proper chiropractic techniques based on the underlying cause of your pain.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
The neck has the important job of bearing the weight of the head and is responsible for bending, twisting, and turning, to look in different directions. If you’re suffering from neck pain due to vertebrae that are out of alignment, this can place pressure on the nerves in the neck, causing pain to radiate from the neck to the shoulders.
Vertebrae can shift out of alignment due to:
- Poor posture from sitting hunched over at a desk
- The neck being stuck in an awkward position for several hours, such as during sleep
- The neck is forced beyond the normal range of motion.
Some other common causes of neck pain include:
- Auto accident
- Sports injury
- Cervical stenosis
- Cervical herniated disc
- Bulging disc
- Work injury
- Improper sleeping position
- Congenital spinal condition
- A sprain of the tendons, ligaments, or muscles in the neck area
In some cases, a patient may experience neck pain that is caused by many factors.
Do I Need to See a Chiropractor?
If you have experienced neck pain for more than a few days, it may be time to contact Advantage Chiropractic to schedule an appointment.
Contact our facility if:
- There is no improvement in neck pain or stiffness after two to three days
- You feel a sharp pain in the neck with sudden movements
- You must take pain medication regularly to control the pain
- You’re concerned that the neck pain is due to a more serious injury
- You were involved in an auto accident and you have a sore, stiff neck
- The pain is worse when you wake up
If you’re suffering from a neck pain and experiencing these types of neck pain symptoms, you should make an appointment with an experienced chiropractor as soon as possible.
At Advantage Chiropractic, our chiropractors will examine you and discuss the appropriate treatment options with you.
Can Neck Pain Be Prevented?
Some causes of neck pain can be prevented by:
- Maintaining proper posture
- Sleeping on your back or side
- Using a firm pillow when you sleep or rest
- Preventative care
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Neck pain is one of the most common conditions that drive people to seek chiropractic treatment.
At Advantage Chiropractic, our goal is to provide:
- A non-surgical treatment option
- Natural pain management
- Treatment for maintenance and injury prevention
- Functional restoration
- Structural realignment
At our facility, patients with neck pain can benefit from:
- Spinal manipulation techniques also referred to as a chiropractic adjustment
- Neck exercises
- A proper health care regimen to prevent injuries in the future
- An actual treatment plan designed by an experienced chiropractor that will focus on helping you reach your health goals
Contact Advantage Chiropractic Today to Schedule an Appointment
At Advantage Chiropractic, we want to help you feel your best. By treating the underlying source of your neck pain, ensuring your joints are properly aligned, and the surrounding muscles can function as they should, you can enjoy an improved range of motion, flexibility, and a pain-free life.
We take a holistic approach to pain management and believe that regular chiropractic care can have you feeling your best while preventing some injuries, pain, and discomfort in the future. We also work with patients of all ages and can provide safe, effective, and gentle chiropractic treatment for the entire family.
Contact Advantage Chiropractic today to schedule an appointment.